Katherine J. Clayton
Kate Clayton is a Board Certified Specialist in Business Bankruptcy Law. She assists businesses in finding solutions to problem financial situations, focusing her practice on business bankruptcy and creditor rights.
Kate has significant professional experience in executive and managerial capacities relating to mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing and strategic business planning.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" by North Carolina Super Lawyers in Bankruptcy and Business Law, 2014 and in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, 2012 and 2013
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- "Business Provisions-The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005," Legal Topics Bulletin, July 2005
- Liquidating a Technology Company in Bankruptcy, 4 N.C.J.L. & Tech. 169, 2002