Supporting the Screen
Over the past twenty years, North Carolina has become a hot spot for film and television production. Our growing entertainment practice developed a niche for counseling and representing performers and producers in the film and television industries. Our clients are not just located in North Carolina, but are nationwide, and include actors, producers, production companies, writers, agents, and other entertainment attorneys.
We have been involved with a multitude of different projects, from documentary shorts and feature length films, to music videos and online commercials. Our experience includes:
- Project creation and development matters – business formation, financing, content licensing and option agreements, protection of project ideas, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Project pre-production, production and post-production matters – intellectual property issues, music licensing and obtaining rights for use in productions, drafting and negotiating agreements and releases with cast, crew, directors, producers, investors, and extras.
- Litigation and other dispute resolution methods
- Lobbying before state and federal legislative assemblies on behalf of the film and television industries
- State tax credits and rebates