David represents companies in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including sale, purchase, lease, and financing. He provides counsel on development, expansion, and all requisite agreements. He regularly represents commercial lenders in structuring, documenting, and reviewing various credit facilities. He also represents real estate lenders in foreclosure and workout proceedings.
David represents companies of all sizes in a wide variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, financing, and development. He also works with entrepreneurs in business formation agreements, including LLCs, partnership agreements, and franchising.
David works with local governing bodies to handle issues involving development, land use, and financing for major municipal projects.
Over the course of his practice, David has:
- Represented skilled nursing facility owner/operator in all facets of the following transactions:
- Site acquisition and $15.3 million construction financing for skilled nursing facility.
- Ground lease and related $10.4 million construction financing for skilled nursing
- $11.9 million loan for the refinance of debt and up-fitting of existing facility.
- Represented seller in the negotiation, structure and documentation of $36.8 million sale of four (4) hotels.
- Represented county and worked with bond counsel in connection with $28.5 million financing for the construction of a new high school.
- Represented county and worked with bond counsel in connection with $14 million financing for the construction of additions to courthouse and detention center.
- Represented client in the negotiation, structure and documentation of a 1031 Exchange involving (i) a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction as the relinquished property, and (ii) $8.5 million financing for the purchase of (2) replacement property sites and one (1) incidental site for the construction of barbecue franchise restaurants.
- Represented private college in connection with $10 million construction financing for new dormitories.
- Represented large scale residential developer in the negotiation, structure and documentation of multiple purchase and multimillion-dollar financing transactions related to the development of master planned community.
Member, Bank Counsel Committee, North Carolina Bankers Association
Member, Nash County Planning Board
Member and Past President, Nash-Rocky Mount Rotary Club
Member, Board of Directors, Governance Committee and Executive Committee, United Way Tar River Region
Member, Advisory Board, Nash Community College Small Business Center
Member, Finance Committee, Lakeside Baptist Church
Member, Board of Directors, Church of the Good Shepherd Day School
Member, Board of Directors, Benvenue Country Club
I come from a farming family in rural Eastern North Carolina. My family instilled in me the values that I use every day in the practice of law: treat people with respect, be honest and do the absolute best you can at whatever you do. I take a genuine interest in my clients. I am a firm believer that you must have a keen understanding of the client’s business, goals and objectives in order to provide effective counsel.
If I am not working, you will most likely find me spending time with my wife and two children, feebly attempting to play golf or cheering on the Wolfpack.