Healing from Financial Distress
When your client or your business is in financial distress, it can be difficult to determine the wisest course of action. Brooks Pierce bankruptcy and creditor’s rights attorneys have over three decades of experience helping businesses navigate legal options for addressing financial difficulty. We also support creditors and lending institutions damaged by a borrower’s insolvency.
Defending Debtors. Our team of bankruptcy attorneys includes a Board Certified specialist in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Law. We represent clients that conduct business all over North Carolina and throughout the U.S. Our services include:
- Representing debtors, equity owners, and Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 trustees
- Developing plans for financial restructuring and counseling other options for avoiding insolvency and bankruptcy
- Drafting and negotiating restructuring plans
- Representing clients in Chapter 11 proceedings
Counseling Creditors. We have represented consumer creditors, business creditors, lenders and financial institutions in their attempts to collect from debtors in bankruptcy. Our services include:
- Representing creditors in bankruptcy litigation
- Negotiating workouts
- Negotiating restructuring of obligations plans
- Representing buyers of assets from Chapter 11 debtors-in-possession
Our skilled team of attorneys have presented cases bankruptcy and financial restructuring cases before state and federal courts in North Carolina, the North Carolina Court of Appeals, in Bankruptcy Court, and the North Carolina Business Court.
How can we help your business navigate through financial distress?