While the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) remains open for online filings, it has further extended many trademark and patent deadlines due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Under the authority of the CARES Act, the USPTO announced yesterday evening that if one of the deadlines listed below fell between March 27, 2020 and May 31, 2020, then such a filing is timely if made on or before June 1, 2020. This enlarges by a month the prior range of deadlines subject to the prior COVID-19 extension and generally imposes a fixed deadline by which the filings should be made.
The ... Read More
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) remains open for filings. Currently, as it has been for years, nearly all filings are made online.
Under authority from the CARES Act, the USPTO has extended many trademark and patent deadlines.
The USPTO is extending certain deadlines by 30 days if they fell between March 27, 2020 and April 30, 2020. When the filing is eventually made, the filing must be accompanied by a statement that the delay in filing/payment was due to the COVID-19 outbreak. “Due to” means that the practitioner, applicant, registrant or other ... Read More
- Updated CDC Masking Guidance; North Carolina Employers Strongly Encouraged to Implement COVID-19 Vaccination, Testing, and Mask Policies
- OSHA’s New Emergency Temporary Standard to Protect Healthcare Workers
- North Carolina Governor Extends Certain COVID-19 Measures
- New from OSHA on COVID-19: A COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare and Revised Guidance for All Other Employers
- Employer-Provided Incentives for Vaccinations—Finally Some Guidance
- Employers Considering Differential Treatment Based on Vaccination Status
- North Carolina Governor Lifts Mass Gathering and Social Distancing Limits and Most Mask Mandates
- North Carolina Governor Relaxes Outdoor Mask Mandate and Eases Mass Gathering Limit
- Availability of Health Insurance Subsidy Requires Employers to Act
- North Carolina Governor Further Eases COVID Restrictions on Businesses and Gatherings