As companies navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, they should take stock of existing insurance policies that may provide coverage for:
- damages and losses suffered by the company, or
- potential liability of the company.
What Type of Claims Could Arise?
While this pandemic and the government response is unprecedented, your business may encounter several issues giving rise to a claim under one or more types of insurance policies. Examples of these issues and the types of insurance that may provide coverage are:
- Slowdown or stoppage of business
- Property insurance with business ...
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies are facing a wide array of business challenges, many of which would likely not have been contemplated a few weeks ago. These challenges increasingly include government-ordered shutdowns and financial turmoil that may make maintaining existing operations exceedingly difficult. With this uncertainty, many businesses are reviewing their key contracts to see what protections, and potential issues, may exist.
While all contracts are unique and require individual analysis, there are a few key clauses and considerations that all ... Read More
- President Biden’s “Path out of the Pandemic” Imposes New Vaccination Requirements
- Updated CDC Masking Guidance; North Carolina Employers Strongly Encouraged to Implement COVID-19 Vaccination, Testing, and Mask Policies
- OSHA’s New Emergency Temporary Standard to Protect Healthcare Workers
- North Carolina Governor Extends Certain COVID-19 Measures
- New from OSHA on COVID-19: A COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare and Revised Guidance for All Other Employers
- Employer-Provided Incentives for Vaccinations—Finally Some Guidance
- Employers Considering Differential Treatment Based on Vaccination Status
- North Carolina Governor Lifts Mass Gathering and Social Distancing Limits and Most Mask Mandates
- North Carolina Governor Relaxes Outdoor Mask Mandate and Eases Mass Gathering Limit
- Availability of Health Insurance Subsidy Requires Employers to Act