On Aug. 5, Governor Roy Cooper issued Executive Order 155, which further extends North Carolina’s “Safer At Home” Phase 2 through 5 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2020.
The new Executive Order extends and continues the measures of Executive Order No. 141. Executive Order No. 141 was previously amended by E.O. Nos. 147 (to include face covering requirements), 151 and 152.
As justification for extending Phase 2, which was first entered into on May 22, 2020, and has now been extended through Sept. 11, the governor cited several key metrics which have been trending in a concerning direction, including continued: increase in daily number of positive COVID-19 tests; high percentage of positive COVID-19 tests; increase in hospitalizations; and concerns about health care capacity.
The Phase 2 face covering requirements and all other Phase 2 restrictions will remain in effect through Sept. 11, 2020, unless amended by further action by Governor Cooper.
FAQs for Phase 2 requirements and the Phase 2 Extension may be accessed at this link.
If you have questions regarding the Phase 2 Extension, please contact Alex Elkan or Ed Turlington, linked below.
Brooks Pierce is dedicated to keeping our clients fully informed during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Response Resources page.
Add a comment
- President Biden’s “Path out of the Pandemic” Imposes New Vaccination Requirements
- Updated CDC Masking Guidance; North Carolina Employers Strongly Encouraged to Implement COVID-19 Vaccination, Testing, and Mask Policies
- OSHA’s New Emergency Temporary Standard to Protect Healthcare Workers
- North Carolina Governor Extends Certain COVID-19 Measures
- New from OSHA on COVID-19: A COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare and Revised Guidance for All Other Employers
- Employer-Provided Incentives for Vaccinations—Finally Some Guidance
- Employers Considering Differential Treatment Based on Vaccination Status
- North Carolina Governor Lifts Mass Gathering and Social Distancing Limits and Most Mask Mandates
- North Carolina Governor Relaxes Outdoor Mask Mandate and Eases Mass Gathering Limit
- Availability of Health Insurance Subsidy Requires Employers to Act