Brooks Pierce, a business law firm specializing in all aspects of business law, with over 110 lawyers and three offices, seeks a full-time Accounting Assistant for our Greensboro, NC office.
This position will be part of our Finance team responsible for supporting all accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, conflict checks, Accounts Payable, and Trust.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes a generous PTO allotment, two medical & dental plans, vision insurance, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, 401(k) match, computer training, and a collegial working environment. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting, preferably from a law firm
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Kofax Power PDF
- Capability to function as a team player in a support role as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Experience with Aderant Expert software or equivalent law firm accounting software
- Associate – Accounting degree
- Complete expense templates and submit to AP system for payment
- Reconcile assigned bank accounts
- Preparation of information for year-end tax and financial statements
- Manage firm contracts in the designated software
- Assist with annual budgeting process
- Enter AP invoices as assigned
- File and maintain AP invoices
- Assist AR Specialist with monthly AR statement distribution
- Assist with conflict searches and approval of new matters
- Assist with bank reconciliations utilizing Protrust system