Real Estate Closing Paralegal
Brooks Pierce Law Firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Real Estate Closing Paralegal. Brooks Pierce is a business law firm providing strategic counsel and innovative solutions to clients coast-to-coast and around the world. The Firm is composed of approximately 100 attorneys located in offices in Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington, North Carolina. The position will be based in either Raleigh or Greensboro, depending on the successful candidate’s preference.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining real estate trust accounts, closing document preparation and loan closing file management, GIS research, and UCC, lien, and asset searches.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes, a generous PTO allotment, two medical & dental plans, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, a 401K match of up to 6%, and a collegial working environment. Travel and overtime is expected. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
- Minimum 3 or more years real estate experience, preferably in a law firm setting
- BA/BS and paralegal certification
- Candidate must have extraordinary attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Soft Pro closing software, and manipulation of PDF documents
- Prepare settlement and disbursement statements for commercial real estate closings using SoftPro software in interaction with one of the firm’s real estate trust accounts
- Maintain receipts and disbursements from real estate trust accounts, print and have checks signed and wires sent and received, perform monthly check reconciliations for that account and generally maintain the account in accordance with NC State Bar requirements
- Gather time of attorneys and paralegals working on closing and ensure that time is billed and collected on settlement statement at closing
- Gather information and draft closing documents
- Prepare execution copies of closing documents
- Attend closings
- Process post-closing matters
- Prepare closing binders
- Maintain appropriate records for IRS, including annual reporting of 1099-S information
- Maintain, in common with other real estate paralegals, the firm’s real estate closed file database
- Draft legal descriptions
- Perform recordings and filings
- Perform UCC, judgment, tax, environmental lien and litigation searches
- Draft organizational documents for real estate entities, obtain EIN’s for those entities and file related IRS forms
- Perform final title updates
- Draft title opinions and certifications
- Review and markup title commitments and proformas
- Review final title policies