Litigation Legal Assistant - Raleigh
Brooks Pierce, a business law firm specializing in all aspects of business law, with more than 100 lawyers and three offices, seeks a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant in our Raleigh office.
Our employees are part of a collaborative team and play an integral, indispensable role. This individual will support attorneys in the practice areas of: Complex Business Litigation, Corporate and Communications. The position requires a strong litigation skill set that encompasses knowledge of the state and federal court systems, Civil Rules of Procedure, and Pacer ECF filings. Knowledge of all phases within litigation is a pre-requisite (discovery responses, document productions, case management, trial preparation, etc.).
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes onsite training, a generous PTO allotment, two medical and dental plans, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, a 401K match, and a collegial working environment.
Located in downtown Raleigh, the office hours are 8:30 – 5:00 or 9:00 – 5:30. Some overtime and a flexible schedule are expected. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Minimum 4 yrs litigation experience, preferably in a mid-to-large sized law firm
- Type 70 wpm
- ECF filing experience
- Extraordinary attention to detail including proofreading and grammar
- Ability to take direction from attorneys and prioritize accordingly
- Maintain a high level of initiative
- Work well with others in a true “team” environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of procedural rules in both federal and state, administrative, and appellate courts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, blacklining and PDF Converter
- Draft and format legal documents
- Prepare subpoenas and summonses
- Perform state and federal ECF filings
- Communicate with various state and federal court personnel
- Maintain hearing schedules, docketing and calendaring
- Schedule mediations, depositions, other meetings
- Update pleadings indexes and trial binders
- Create, organize and maintain client and case files
- Assist with trial preparation, notebooks and exhibits
- Attorney time entry, client billing, travel and expense reimbursement
- Assist on special projects (in other practice areas)
- Other tasks as needed