Brooks Pierce, a business law firm specializing in all aspects of business law, with 100 lawyers and three offices, seeks a full time Courier/Office Assistant for our Raleigh, NC office.
This entry level position will be directly responsible for coordinating errands, courthouse filings, and general office assistance.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes a generous PTO allotment, 2 medical & dental plans, vision insurance, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, 401(k) match, computer training, and a collegial working environment. We offer a core schedule of 9:00 – 5:30. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 or more years office or clerical experience
- 50 wpm
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PDF Power
- Excellent communication skills (must ask questions, follow-up with personnel, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform well under high pressure in a fast paced environment
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of court locations and filing procedures
- Perform courier services to/from client locations, other law firms, state and federal entities
- Deliver court and other agency filings
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic filing systems
- Provide back-up receptionist coverage
- Maintain monthly parking list
- Provide general clerical and administrative help to the office
- Assist with copying, binding, and scanning projects and special events
- Inventory, order and stock office supplies, kitchen supplies, and shipping supplies
- Maintain and organize incoming and current library materials
- Assist with accounting functions regarding daily deposit and check requests
- Perform administrative duties such as copying, faxing, FedEx, mail, etc.