Brooks Pierce Law Firm, which has a national practice in general corporate law has an immediate opening for an experienced Litigation Paralegal in our Raleigh office.
A position is available to assist in our growing Litigation practice. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of discovery, case management, and trial preparation.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes onsite computer training, a generous vacation allotment, medical/dental/vision insurance, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, two retirement plans, and a collegial working environment.
Located in downtown Raleigh, the office hours are M-F/8:30-5 (or 9:00 – 5:30). Some travel and overtime is expected.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Minimum 5 years litigation experience, preferably in a law firm setting
- BA/BS and paralegal certification
- Candidate must have extraordinary attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Word, PDF Converter, Full Adobe & Litigation Databases
- Legal research (court records, libraries, online resources, West/Lexis)
- Draft pleadings, discovery, memoranda and correspondence
- Create, organize and maintain client and case files
- Code and review responsive and privileged documents
- Citechecking briefs and shepardizing cases
- Deposition and medical record summaries
- Coordinate and oversee e-discovery process
- Trial preparation and attendance
- Knowledge of civil rules of procedures and ECF
- Background, asset, lien and judgment searches
- Coordinate/Contact various state and federal court personnel
- Assist on special projects (in other practice areas)
- Other as needed