Litigation Legal Assistant - Greensboro
Brooks Pierce, a business law firm specializing in all aspects of business law, with more than 100 lawyers and three offices, seeks a full-time Litigation Legal Assistant for our Greensboro office.
We expect employees to be substantively involved in our cases and play an integral, indispensable role. This individual will support attorneys with all phases of litigation: e-discovery, case management, electronic court filings and trial preparation. The position requires a strong litigation skill set that encompasses knowledge of the state and federal court systems, NC Business Court, civil rules of procedure, Pacer and ECF filings. Knowledge of all phases within litigation is a pre-requisite (discovery responses, document productions, case management, trial preparation, etc.). Prior legal assistant or paralegal experience in the litigation practice area is required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes onsite training, a generous PTO allotment, two medical and dental plans, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, a 401K match, and a collegial working environment.
Located in downtown Greensboro, the office hours are 8:30 – 5:00. Some overtime and a flexible schedule are expected. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Minimum 3 years of litigation experience, preferably in a mid-to-large sized law firm
- ECF filing experience (federal, state, NC Business Court, and Office of Administrative Hearings)
- Extraordinary attention to detail including proofreading and grammar
- Ability to take direction from attorneys and prioritize accordingly
- Maintain a high level of initiative
- Work well with others in a “team” environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of procedural rules in both federal and state, administrative, and appellate courts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Power PDF
- Draft and format legal documents
- Prepare subpoenas and summonses
- Perform state and federal ECF filings
- Communicate with various state and federal court personnel
- Maintain hearing schedules, docketing and calendaring
- Schedule mediations, depositions, other meetings
- Update pleadings indexes and trial binders
- Create, organize and maintain client and case files
- Assist with trial preparation, notebooks and exhibits
- Attorney time entry, client billing, travel and expense reimbursement
- Assist on special projects (in other practice areas)
- Other tasks as needed