Real Estate Paralegal
Brooks Pierce Law Firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Real Estate Paralegal. Brooks Pierce is a business law firm providing strategic counsel and innovative solutions to clients coast-to-coast and around the world. The firm is composed of more than 100 attorneys located in offices in Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington, North Carolina. The position will be based in Greensboro.
This individual will be responsible for all aspects of title searches and updates, closing document preparation and loan closing file management, GIS research, and UCC, lien, and asset searches. Assistance in the Corporate practice area is also expected.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes a generous PTO allotment, two medical and dental plans, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, a 401K match, and a collegial working environment. Travel and overtime is expected. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Minimum 5 years real estate experience, preferably in a law firm setting
- Ability to search a chain of title
- Candidate must have extraordinary attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Soft Pro closing software, and GIS website
- Perform title searches, updates, recordings and filings
- Perform legal research (court records, real estate records, asset/lien/UCC/background checks)
- Proficiency with AOC and GIS systems
- Abstract counties records for residential and commercial properties in multiple counties
- Abstract, examine and analyze deeds, easements, tax assessments, mineral reservations and other applicable instruments
- Verify ownership and encumbrances of real property
- Ability to manage loan closing file
- Prepare abstract leases
- Ability to read surveys, plats, Deed of Trusts, estate records and foreclosure proceedings
- Knowledge of railroad and general utilities rights
- Manage real estate trust account
- Perform closings utilizing Soft Pro software
- Draft corporate, organizational and commercial documents
- Prepare closing binders and post-closing work
- Assist on special projects (in other practice areas)
- Other as needed