Intellectual Property Paralegal
Brooks Pierce Law Firm has an immediate opening for an experienced IP Paralegal. Brooks Pierce is a business law firm providing strategic counsel and innovative solutions to clients coast-to-coast and around the world. The firm is composed of approximately 100 attorneys located in offices in Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington, North Carolina. This position will be based in the office preferred by the successful candidate.
This individual will support attorneys in several practice areas including Corporate, Intellectual Property, Media and Communications, and Litigation.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes a generous PTO allotment, two medical and dental plans, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, a 401K match, and a collegial working environment. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Minimum 2 years corporate experience, preferably in a mid-to-large sized law firm
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Familiarity with USPTO’s website and its TEAS electronic filing program
- Familiarity with statutory durations for trademark validity and maintenance (U.S. and foreign)
- Familiarity with U.S. trademark rules and procedure, and working knowledge of national laws of other countries, including familiarity with the Madrid Protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Power PDF, and database software
- Paralegal Certification preferred
- Maintain and update firm trademark database
- Review daily trademark deadlines docket and watch reports
- Process trademark portfolio transfers and create new trademark files
- Manage multi-client trademark portfolios
- Prepare client reminder correspondence and portfolio status reports
- Prepare attorney deadline status reports
- Search USPTO’s and foreign countries’ trademark databases
- Search U.S. copyright database and U.S. and international patent databases
- Communicate with foreign counsel on trademark maintenance and renewal deadlines
- Prepare searches of client’s intellectual property
- Work with IP and corporate attorneys on various dedicated projects, as required
- Perform administrative tasks pertaining to IP maintenance
- Assist with tasks and projects in other practice areas