Marketing & Business Development Assistant
Brooks Pierce, a 115-lawyer firm with a national practice, is currently seeking a Marketing & Business Development Assistant, who will be resident in the firm’s Raleigh office. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Business Development, this candidate will have an instrumental role in business development, marketing content administration, event coordination, research, internal and external communications, sponsorships, and other client development initiatives and will be expected to coordinate day-to-day activities with little supervision. This position will work closely with attorneys and staff across our office locations in Raleigh, Greensboro, and Wilmington, organizing and coordinating all related activities.
Applications should be accompanied by a resume and cover letter explaining how your education and experience qualify you for this position as well as salary requirements. Please submit these materials to email@example.com.
- Draft and coordinate pitches, RFP responses, and presentations and track relevant information in the firm’s proposal database.
- Assist with research to include specific company, client, industry, and competitor research using the firm’s research tools and internal databases to support business development initiatives.
- Assist in marketing content administration to support the firm website, attorney biographies, practice group overviews, deal and case lists, representative client lists, social media channels, and other materials and communications.
- Prepare submissions for key directory rankings and awards.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of receptions, seminars, sponsorships, memberships and events.
- Maintain and update marketing distribution lists and track event RSVPs, attendance, post-event follow-up, etc.
- Using firm-branded templates, support the development and production of invitations, presentations, fact sheets, internal and external communications and other marketing collateral.
- Maintain and track client development reporting mechanisms.
- Must be willing to work beyond normal working hours to attend and manage events and special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge/Experience: Qualified candidates should have a minimum of one (1) year of professional marketing, communications, or business development experience. Professional services experience is preferred but not required. Previous CRM experience is a plus. Must be proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, database applications, and content management systems.
- Skills: The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player, detailed-oriented, who possesses multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communications, proofreading, and business development skills are essential. Must be able to prioritize workloads, balance competing demands, and work effectively – both independently and collaboratively – in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Education: Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- We offer a strong benefits package that includes training, a generous PTO allotment, two medical/dental plans, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, 401k match, and a collegial working environment.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
- Resumes should be accompanied by a cover letter explaining how your education and experience qualify you for this position as well as salary requirements.