Director of Marketing and Business Development
Brooks Pierce, a 110-lawyer firm with a national practice, is seeking a Director of Marketing and Business Development responsible for developing, managing and implementing the firm’s marketing program, including developing plans and budgets to retain and grow the firm’s market share, raising the profile of the firm and its individual lawyers, enhancing client and referral relationships, and fostering a collaborative marketing culture within the firm. The Director of Marketing and Business Development will work closely with firm leadership and attorneys, professional staff and consultants/vendors to develop and implement business development and marketing strategies. He or she will also manage projects, programs, activities and processes that support these strategies for the firm, and will be directly responsible for day-to-day coordination and implementation of marketing and business development initiatives. The position will be based in the firm’s Greensboro, Raleigh or Wilmington offices, depending on the preference of the successful candidate.
Specific responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Large-scale firm marketing and business development projects
- Departmental budgeting and financial approvals
- Business proposals, RFP response strategy and consultation
- Department management and team development
- Strategic management of all firm marketing and business development programs
- Marketing and business development training
- Advertising (e.g., ad design and placement)
- Media relations
- Communications (strategic positioning for firm initiatives)
- Credentialing program oversight
- Website oversight
- Social media strategy, program design and execution
- Event management for key client initiatives
- Vendor management
- Knowledge/Experience: Must have a minimum of five (5) years of professional marketing, communications or business development experience. Professional services experience is preferred but not required. Must be proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, database applications and content management systems.
- Skills: The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented team player who possesses multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication, proofreading and business development skills are a must. Must be able to prioritize workloads, balance competing demands and work effectively – both independently and collaboratively – in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Education: Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
Resumes should be accompanied by a cover letter explaining how your education and experience qualify you for this position as well as salary requirements and should be sent to email@example.com.