17 attorneys and six practice areas are recognized in the 2016 law firm guide
Six Brooks Pierce practice areas and 17 of the firm's attorneys are ranked among the best in North Carolina in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The listing of the leading lawyers and law firms in the country is published annually by Chambers and Partners.
Both Brooks Pierce’s Antitrust and Litigation: General Commercial practices received a Band 1 ranking, the highest awarded by Chambers USA. The firm’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Environment, Intellectual Property, and Labor & Employment practice areas were also recognized.
Partner Jim Williams was named a Senior Statesman by Chambers USA for antitrust law.
Six Brooks Pierce attorneys received Chambers USA’s highest ranking in their respective practice areas:
- Kearns Davis (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations)
- George House (Environment)
- Dan McGinn (Labor & Employment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Antitrust)
- Jennifer Van Zant (Antitrust)
- Jim Williams (Litigation: General Commercial)
Twelve attorneys were recognized as leaders in their respective practice areas:
- Forrest Campbell (Healthcare)
- Mark Davidson (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Bob King (Environment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Litigation: General Commercial)
- Gary Parsons (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Jim Phillips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Reid Phillips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Coe Ramsey (Intellectual Property)
- David Sar (Intellectual Property)
- Bob Singer (Banking & Finance)
- John Small (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Randy Tinsley (Environment)
This was the first time Campbell, Ramsey and Sar were named to the Chambers USA rankings.
Chambers USA is a leading guide to the legal profession, and determines its annual rankings through confidential, in-depth interviews with clients and attorneys and an assessment of recent work. Attorneys are ranked in their respective practice areas on the basis of legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. Law firm departments are ranked using these qualities, as well as effectiveness and capability of the department as a whole. More information on the rankings process can be found at https://chambers.com/guide/usa?publicationTypeId=5.