13 attorneys and six practice areas are recognized in the 2015 law firm guide
(Greensboro, N.C.) May 19, 2015 – Six Brooks Pierce practice areas and 13 of the firm’s attorneys are ranked among the best in North Carolina in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. The listing of the leading lawyers and law firms in the country is published annually by Chambers and Partners.
Both Brooks Pierce’s Antitrust and Litigation: General Commercial practices received a Band 1 ranking, the highest awarded by Chambers USA. The firm’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Environment, Intellectual Property, and Labor & Employment practice areas were also recognized.
Two Brooks Pierce attorneys were recognized as Senior Statesmen by Chambers USA in their respective practice areas. Ed Winslow, the firm’s managing partner, was recognized as a senior statesman in banking and finance and partner Jim Williams was named a senior statesman in antitrust.
Six Brooks Pierce attorneys received Chambers USA’s highest ranking in their respective practice areas:
- Kearns Davis (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations)
- George House (Environment)
- Dan McGinn (Labor & Employment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Antitrust)
- Jennifer Van Zant (Antitrust)
- Jim Williams (Litigation: General Commercial)
Eight attorneys were recognized as leaders in their respective practice areas:
- Mark Davidson (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Bob King (Environment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Jim Phillips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Reid Phillips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Bob Singer (Banking & Finance)
- John Small (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Randy Tinsley (Environment)
Chambers USA is a leading guide to the legal profession, and determines its annual rankings through confidential, in-depth interviews with clients and attorneys and an assessment of recent work. Attorneys are ranked in their respective practice areas on the basis of legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. Law firm departments are ranked using these qualities, as well as effectiveness and capability of the department as a whole. More information on the rankings process can be found at https://chambers.com/guide/usa?publicationTypeId=5.