Nine Brooks Pierce practice areas and 18 of the firm’s attorneys are ranked among the best in North Carolina in the 2019 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. The listing of the leading lawyers and law firms in the country is published annually by Chambers and Partners.
Brooks Pierce’s Antitrust, Environment and Litigation: General Commercial practices received a Band 1 ranking, the highest awarded by Chambers USA. The firm’s Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Healthcare, Intellectual Property and Labor & Employment practice areas were also recognized.
Four Brooks Pierce attorneys received Chambers USA’s highest ranking in their respective practice areas:
- Kearns Davis (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations)
- George House (Environment)
- Dan McGinn (Labor & Employment)
- Jennifer Van Zant (Antitrust)
Fourteen other attorneys were recognized as leaders in their respective practice areas:
- Forrest Campbell (Healthcare)
- Mark Davidson (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Tricia Goodson (Labor & Employment)
- Bob King (Environment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Antitrust, Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Gary Parsons (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Jim Phillips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Reid Philips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Coe Ramsey (Intellectual Property)
- Bo Rodenbough (Real Estate)
- David Sar (Intellectual Property)
- Bob Singer (Banking & Finance)
- John Small (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Randy Tinsley (Environment)
Chambers USA is a leading guide to the legal profession, and determines its annual rankings through confidential, in-depth interviews with clients and attorneys and an assessment of recent work. Attorneys are ranked in their respective practice areas on the basis of legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. Law firm departments are ranked using these qualities, as well as effectiveness and capability of the department as a whole. More information on the rankings process can be found at https://chambers.com/guide/usa?publicationTypeId=5.