Brooks Pierce has been named a “Highly Recommended” law firm for general litigation and “Recommended” for labor and employment litigation in North Carolina in the 2019 edition of Benchmark Litigation, the only publication to focus exclusively on litigation firms and attorneys. In addition to the firmwide rankings, 11 Brooks Pierce attorneys were recognized as a “Local Litigation Star” or “Future Star.” The firm also had three attorneys recognized as “Labor and Employment Stars” in the first year Benchmark Litigation ranked that practice independently. Partner Jennifer Van Zant was also recognized by the publication as one of the nation’s “Top 250 Women in Litigation.”
“Brooks Pierce is committed to handling the most complex and challenging litigation on behalf of our clients, and this is an acknowledgment of not just those individuals who were named, but the hard work and dedication of all of our attorneys,” said Reid Phillips, the firm’s managing partner. “To receive such recognition for the quality of our work proves why we continue to be one of North Carolina’s leading law firms.”
The Brooks Pierce attorneys recognized as Local Litigation Stars were:
- Jimmy Adams – General Commercial
- Kearns Davis – White-Collar Crime
- Bob King – General Commercial
- Dan McGinn – Labor and Employment
- John Ormand – General Commercial
- Gary Parsons – Environmental, Insurance, Product Liability, Securities
- Jim Phillips – General Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Reid Phillips – Antitrust, General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Product Liability, Securities
- Mark Prak – General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Professional Liability, Securities
- Jennifer Van Zant – Antitrust
The Brooks Pierce attorneys recognized as Labor and Employment Stars were:
Brooks Pierce partner Alex Elkan was recognized as a Future Star.
Benchmark Litigation serves as the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys. Rankings are based on a six-month period where Benchmark researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify the leaders in litigation. More information on the guide’s methodology can be found at https://www.benchmarklitigation.com/general/research.