Getting the Ball Rolling
When you’re ready to take a bright idea from concept to company, what is the first step? How do you navigate the myriad of legal issues surrounding starting a business?
Brooks Pierce attorneys have a wealth of experience helping entrepreneurs go from vision-caster to business-owner. We have worked with companies in a wide range of sizes and styles, from small family-owned companies to large corporations. Our venture law attorneys frequently counsel and assist with every aspect of entity formation, such as:
- Equity and debt financing
- Securities issues – including private placements and crowdfunding
- Organization documents (partnership, LLC, and incorporation)
- Angel and venture funding
- Corporate governance
- Developing agreements (shareholder, operating, buy-sell)
- Joint ventures
We also have a thriving non-profit formation practice, with attorneys with years of experience in helping new non-profit organizations complete formation documents, negotiate tax exemption concerns, and develop governance policies.