Attacking the Toughest Challenges
Brooks Pierce attorneys have a reputation as among the most skilled litigators in complex business and corporate disputes. Our trial lawyers have been called upon to represent clients in many complicated and challenging lawsuits in various North Carolina state and federal courts, the Court of Appeals, and the North Carolina Business Court. We have also appeared in complex business cases in South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Texas, New York, Massachusetts, Arkansas, Tennessee, D.C., and Delaware.
Our litigation attorneys try cases with an array of thorny issues:
- Multiple plaintiff and class action lawsuits
- Internal business disputes and derivative lawsuits among corporate officers, directors, and shareholders
- Professional liability claims against accountants, lawyers, appraisers, and other professionals
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Business defamation
- Embezzlement and white collar criminal defense
- Breaches in corporate contracts
Through mediation, arbitration, and jury trial representation, Brooks Pierce litigators have achieved outcomes our clients regard as successful in arduous and convoluted cases. Some recent examples include:
- A settlement in our client’s favor of an unfair competition and sham litigation dispute involving major tobacco companies that included intellectual property issues.
- A jury award against a furniture manufacturer for wrongful termination of a dealership
- Litigating a matter that involved federal preemption cases, and establishing 4th Circuit law related to the North Carolina state law allowing gasoline distributors to purchase unblended (non-ethanol) gasoline and blend the ethanol themselves.
- A jury award of $6 million to homeowners against the NCDOT in a condemnation lawsuit.
- A favorable verdict for the defendant contractor in case of admitted liability in the Charlotte Motor Speedway collapse.
In winning these cases, our team was supported by exceptional complex litigation paralegals and staff. Our paralegals have years of experience managing millions of pages of documents, thus allowing our attorneys to capably analyze discovery for even the largest and most complex cases while providing cost-efficient representation for individuals and businesses of all sizes.