Why Brooks Pierce
Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP is a business law firm that provides creative solutions for the significant and complex dealings of our clients. We serve businesses, government, non-profit institutions, trade associations and individuals. Brooks Pierce works with clients on a regional, national, and international level. The multi-faceted approach to the solutions offered by Brooks Pierce derives from the expertise resident in this firm. Our unique philosophy results in powerful analysis and effective solutions for our clients.
Our attorneys are experienced.
Represented among the Brooks Pierce ranks are a former chief justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, present and former state officials, law professors, regulatory commissioners, and a former political campaign manager.
Our attorneys embrace the highest standards of professional and personal excellence.
Our attorneys exhibit intelligence, integrity, leadership, have a demonstrated record of professional excellence, and a commitment to the law not only as a profession, but as a calling. Our attorneys have excelled in some of the nation's leading law schools, including Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, University of Chicago, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, University of Virginia, University of Texas, Wake Forest, Emory, Washington and Lee, William and Mary, and Yale.
We are also a firm committed to understanding and empathizing, on a personal level, with the people who manage the businesses we represent.
This allows our firm to be responsive to the professional needs of our clients. Our atmosphere is collaborative and collegial. Our attorneys work closely with one another to exchange ideas and strategy in order to address the complex legal issues our clients bring to us. The Brooks Pierce team approach maximizes the scope and quality of the service we provide to our clients.
Only lawyers with a demonstrated record of professional excellence and the highest standards of personal integrity become part of Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP.
People at Brooks Pierce are proud to work for a firm that has a strong culture, coupled with the right values.
That is not an accident, and it indicates that their own values are fairly well aligned with the Firm’s.
The strength of an organization's culture depends in large part on the degree to which the values of the culture are known, communicated and effectively reinforced over time.
With that premise in mind, and for more than a decade, we have studied what is truly valued at Brooks Pierce. We have distilled that information into the following list of values in an effort to define the positive attributes of our culture and determine ways those values and the culture can be reinforced in all activities of the firm.
- Excellence - Commitment to highest standards of professional service and ongoing personal and professional development.
- Integrity - Honesty, fairness and character in all professional and personal activities.
- Professionalism - Ethical and professional conduct in legal services and in all related interactions.
- Individual Responsibility - Self-motivated and self-directed approach to legal practice, personal, professional and business development, and meeting commitments.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Respect for and openness to all persons, and recognition of the importance of diversity and inclusion as critical components of the success of the Firm.
- Independent But Collaborative Work Environment - Work environment which encourages independence, flexibility, collaboration, limited bureaucracy and minimization of authoritarianism, hierarchy and organizational boundaries.
- Collegiality - Supportive, respectful, and professional work environment based on meaningful personal connections and respect for individual interests and differences.
- Service and Involvement - Orientation of service to and involvement with clients, the Firm, the profession, and the community.
We invite you to get to know us.