At Brooks Pierce, we value the singular experience that judicial clerkships provide. A significant portion of our lawyers have honed their analytical skills, litigation techniques, and professional judgment through federal appellate and district clerkships, including with the United States Supreme Court.
We encourage judicial clerks to submit applications per the guidelines provided below.
To apply, click here.
In your cover letter, kindly indicate:
- Your ties to North Carolina and your long-term interest to practice in the state.
- Your office preference(s): Greensboro, Raleigh and/or Wilmington, NC.
- Details about your clerkship, academic and professional experience, particularly those which demonstrate your leadership, initiative, independence, resilience and/or dedication to community service—hallmarks of our culture.
Brooks Pierce values diversity of all kinds, and we encourage and welcome applications from all highly qualified candidates, including women, Lawyers of Color, lawyers of ethnic and religious minorities, LGBTQ lawyers, lawyers with disabilities, lawyers from backgrounds of socioeconomic disadvantage, second career lawyers, lawyers in military service, and veterans.
People at Brooks Pierce are proud to work for a firm that has a strong culture, coupled with the right values.
That is not an accident: people work at Brooks Pierce because their own values align with the Firm’s.
People at Brooks Pierce are proud to work for a firm with a culture of values that are known, communicated and effectively reinforced over time.
For more than a decade, we have studied what is truly valued at Brooks Pierce. We have distilled that information into the following list of values to define the positive attributes of our culture and determine ways those values and that culture can be reinforced in all Firm activities.
- Excellence - Commitment to highest standards of professional service and ongoing personal and professional development.
- Integrity - Honesty, fairness and character in all professional and personal activities.
- Professionalism - Ethical and professional conduct in legal services and in all related interactions.
- Individual Responsibility - Self-motivated and self-directed approach to legal practice, personal, professional and business development, and meeting commitments.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Respect for and openness to all persons, and recognition of the importance of diversity and inclusion as critical components of the success of the Firm.
- Independent But Collaborative Work Environment - Work environment which encourages independence, flexibility, collaboration, limited bureaucracy and minimization of authoritarianism, hierarchy and organizational boundaries.
- Collegiality - Supportive, respectful, and professional work environment based on meaningful personal connections and respect for individual interests and differences.
- Service and Involvement - Orientation of service to and involvement with clients, the Firm, the profession, and the community.
We invite you to get to know us.