Explore Brooks Pierce: A World of Difference
Brooks Pierce is different. We are looking for motivated professionals who seek a different path—self-reliant but collaborative, creative, and interested in a fulfilling life in the law. We invite you to challenge your expectations about law ﬁrms and the practice of law.
Brooks Pierce prizes generalists. In an era of increased specialization, we avoid silos, encouraging interaction that often leads to insights and innovative solutions for our clients.
Brooks Pierce has many more partners than associates. The organizational structure of most leading law ﬁrms is a pyramid, with far fewer partners than associates. Our model resembles the reverse. This gives our junior lawyers the chance to work with and learn from many experienced colleagues.
Brooks Pierce associates assume responsibility early. We believe that our close-knit community of approximately 100 lawyers helps the ﬁrm effectively serve our clients with novel solutions beﬁtting the uniqueness of the challenges they face. Frequently, an associate will work on a small team and will be the sole associate on the team or may be the lead attorney on a larger team before becoming a senior associate or partner.
Brooks Pierce is a community of collaborative individualists. We demonstrate that spirit in our commitment to our clients, to our communities, and to each other. We value our tradition of excellence while embracing innovation.
People at Brooks Pierce are proud to work for a firm that has a strong culture, coupled with the right values.
That is not an accident: people work at Brooks Pierce because their own values align with the Firm’s.
People at Brooks Pierce are proud to work for a firm with a culture of values that are known, communicated and effectively reinforced over time.
For more than a decade, we have studied what is truly valued at Brooks Pierce. We have distilled that information into the following list of values to define the positive attributes of our culture and determine ways those values and that culture can be reinforced in all Firm activities.
- Excellence - Commitment to highest standards of professional service and ongoing personal and professional development.
- Integrity - Honesty, fairness and character in all professional and personal activities.
- Professionalism - Ethical and professional conduct in legal services and in all related interactions.
- Individual Responsibility - Self-motivated and self-directed approach to legal practice, personal, professional and business development, and meeting commitments.
- Diversity and Inclusion - Respect for and openness to all persons, and recognition of the importance of diversity and inclusion as critical components of the success of the Firm.
- Independent But Collaborative Work Environment - Work environment which encourages independence, flexibility, collaboration, limited bureaucracy and minimization of authoritarianism, hierarchy and organizational boundaries.
- Collegiality - Supportive, respectful, and professional work environment based on meaningful personal connections and respect for individual interests and differences.
- Service and Involvement - Orientation of service to and involvement with clients, the Firm, the profession, and the community.
We invite you to get to know us.