Brooks Pierce values our workforce, and offers competitive benefits to qualified candidates. Current benefits include:
All full-time employees working 30 hours per week are eligible for medical benefits the first day of the month following date of hire.
The firm offers two high deductible medical Health plans through Blue Cross/Blue Shield, two Dental plans, Vision, an optional Flexible Spending Account (medical and dependent care), a Health Reimbursement Account, a Health Saving Account, and an optional Wellness Program.
Employees on the Brooks Pierce Health Plan can earn up to a maximum of $350 to be contributed into their Health Saving Account or Flexible Spending Account by completing specified wellness related activities.
In the event you become disabled from a non work-related injury or sickness, disability income benefits are provided as a source of income.
- Brooks Pierce pays the premiums for short and long-term coverage for Staff.
- Associates are responsible for the premiums and are required to participate in both the STD and LTD plan.
The firm provides full-time employees with group life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance equal to their salary ($50,000 maximum).
PacLife Insurance (Attorneys Only)
The Firm provides Associates with an additional $150,000 life insurance benefit. The firm pays the premiums; Associates are taxed annually on 100% of the premiums.
Voluntary Life Insurance
Employees who wish to supplement their group life insurance benefits may purchase additional coverage.
Brooks Pierce full-time Employees, working at least 1000 hours during their first year of employment, may start participating in this plan in January, April, July and October following one year of service. To be eligible to receive this employer discretionary contribution to the Plan, you must be employed on the last day of the plan year for which the contribution is being made.
- 401(k) Contribution for Staff: The Firm makes a Safe Harbor Matching Contribution to the Plan on your behalf in an amount equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the first three percent (3%) of your compensation that is contributed by you to the Plan, plus fifty percent (50%) of the next two percent (2%) of your compensation that is contributed by you to the Plan. The Firm also makes a discretionary employer contribution equal to 3% of compensation to the accounts of participants who have less than 20 years of service with the Firm, and a discretionary employer contribution equal to 4% of compensation to the accounts of participants who have 20 or more years of service with the Firm.
- 401(k) Contribution for Associates: The Firm will make a discretionary contribution to the Plan on your behalf in an amount equal to three percent (3%) of your compensation. You will be 100% vested in the contributions made by the Firm after you complete six (6) Years of Vesting Service with the Firm.
Upon completion of 3 full consecutive calendar months of employment, full-time Staff begin earning Paid Time Off (“PTO”). PTO must be used for vacation, minor illness, bereavement, doctor appointments or other personal matters in quarter-hour increments. PTO accrues on a monthly basis assuming you work at least 10 days that month and turn in all timesheets by the deadline. PTO does not rollover to the following year.
Brooks Pierce typically observes the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (Thurs. & Friday), Christmas (typically Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
- Sick and medical leaves
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- College 529 Savings Plan
- Onsite IT Training Program
- CLE and Bar Association Dues Reimbursement
- Bonus Program
- Staff Parking
- Onsite Exercise Facility
- Referral Bonuses
- Parental Leave