IT Technical Trainer
Brooks Pierce is currently seeking an IT Technical Trainer. This candidate will play a crucial role in supporting personnel through training and implementing new technology platforms throughout the firm. This position will develop and maintain training curriculum for all employees and provide backup desktop support for all firm technology.
This position reports to the IT Director and works closely with the IT Team and the technology committee to support attorneys and staff across our office locations in Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington. The position will be based in Greensboro or Raleigh.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develop and implement appropriate training curriculum including instructor-led classes both in person and using virtual platforms, webinars, audio conferences, Lunch & Learns, recorded classes, labs, schedules, handouts, and other documentation for all firm-supported systems
- Develop and maintain documentation regarding the operation of support applications including:
- Windows 11
- Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, OneNote) on desktops and Office 365
- Litera ChangePro
- Litera Metadact
- Big Hand Dictation
- Kofax Power PDF
- Docketing Software
- Remote Connectivity Apps
- Miscellaneous Legal Apps
- Provide new hire training on usage of all ancillary office equipment (phones, postage, copiers, fax, A/V, etc.)
- Test new workstation operating systems interoperability
- Assist in answering help desk calls as needed
- Ensure training room computers are updated and maintained
- Assist in creating office automation solutions to improve or enhance productivity
- Assist with setup and maintenance of of handheld devices such as tablets and smartphones.
Knowledge/Experience: Post-High School education in related field, 2 or more years’ experience in IT training and support. A+, MOS, MCP (or higher) certification a plus.
Skills: The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player, detail-oriented, who possesses multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills. Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with end-users and IT staff is essential. Must be able to work in a team setting or independently, maintain interpersonal, vendor, and client relationships, and develop effective procedures, plans, and solutions for the firm’s benefit.
Benefits: We offer a strong benefits package that includes training, a generous PTO allotment, two medical/dental plans, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, 401k match, and a collegial work environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Resumes should be accompanied by a cover letter explaining how your education and experience qualify you for this position, as well as salary requirements.