Brooks Pierce Welcomes Eleven Summer Associates for 2020
Brooks Pierce is pleased to welcome 11 law students to work alongside the firm’s attorneys as part of its 2020 Summer Associate Program. The associates are currently enrolled in law schools across North Carolina, New York and Pennsylvania.
The firm’s 2020 summer associates are:
- Mousa Alshanteer, second-year student at University of North Carolina (UNC) School of Law and the 2019 Chief Justice Henry E. Frye – Brooks Pierce Diversity Summer Fellow;
- Erin Barker, second-year student at Campbell University School of Law;
- Peyton Butt, first-year student at Campbell University School of Law;
- James Kendall, first-year student at Duke University School of Law and the 2020 Chief Justice Henry E. Frye – Brooks Pierce Diversity Summer Fellow;
- Emma Kutteh, second-year student at Duke University School of Law;
- Micole Little, second-year student at North Carolina Central University School of Law;
- Morgan Maccherone, second-year student at UNC School of Law;
- Christiane Smedley, first-year student at UNC School of Law;
- Zachry Tannis, first-year student at Cornell Law School;
- Johnathan Walker, second-year student at University of Pennsylvania Law School;
- Nick Young, second-year student at UNC School of Law.
“We are very excited to welcome this year’s class of summer associates to Brooks Pierce,” said Reid Phillips, managing partner of Brooks Pierce. “They will have the opportunity to further develop their skills and contribute to the collaborative environment that is Brooks Pierce.”
The firm’s summer program is designed to present law students with a broad view of Brooks Pierce’s wide range of practices while nurturing each summer associate’s individual legal interests. Summer associates contribute to litigation, transactional and government relations matters across a wide array of industries. They will work closely with their partner and associate mentors and other attorneys, as well as the professional staff, allowing them to grow as aspiring attorneys. More information about Brooks Pierce’s summer program can be found here.