Brooks Pierce Welcomes Nine Summer Associates for 2018 Program
Brooks Pierce hired nine law students to work alongside attorneys in all three of its offices as part of the firm’s 2018 Summer Associate Program. The students come from various law schools across North Carolina and Virginia, with a wide variety of legal interests and backgrounds.
The firm’s 2018 summer associates are:
- Bonnie Gill, a first-year student at Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Jonathan Hilliard, a second-year student at Wake Forest University School of Law
- Corri Hopkins, a second-year student at Wake Forest University School of Law
- Raquel Macgregor, a second-year student at Wake Forest University School of Law
- Mark Rothrock, a first-year student at Duke University School of Law
- Stephanie Turner, a first-year student at Duke University School of Law and the Chief Justice Henry E. Frye – Brooks Pierce Diversity Summer Fellow
- Graham Whittington, a second-year student at University of North Carolina School of Law
- Jocelyn Wilson, a first-year student at University of Virginia School of Law
- Katarina Wong, a second-year student at Duke University School of Law
“We are excited to welcome this year’s class of summer associates to Brooks Pierce,” said Gail Cutter, director of recruiting and professional development. “Our summer program provides students with exposure to real-world legal practice as well as a sense of the collaboration we foster at Brooks Pierce.”
The firm’s summer program is designed to present law students with a broad view of Brooks Pierce’s wide range of practices while nurturing each summer associate’s individual legal interests. Summer associates are matched with partner and associate mentors, and provide tangible client service in litigation, transactional and government relations matters across a wide array of industries. The program also provides educational, experiential and networking opportunities for summer associates through seminars, retreats and social events throughout the summer.
More information about Brooks Pierce’s summer program can be found here.