Brooks Pierce Welcomes Nine Summer Associates for 2019
Brooks Pierce is pleased to welcome nine law students to work alongside attorneys in the firm’s Greensboro and Raleigh offices as part of its 2019 Summer Associate Program. The associates are currently enrolled at various law schools across North Carolina and Virginia.
The firm’s 2019 summer associates are:
- Mousa Alshanteer, first-year student at University of North Carolina (UNC) School of Law and the 2019 Chief Justice Henry E. Frye – Brooks Pierce Diversity Summer Fellow;
- Erin Barker, a first-year student at Campbell University School of Law;
- Noah Hock, a second-year student at Wake Forest University School of Law;
- Jo Layman-Wilson, a second-year student at the University of Virginia Law School;
- Morgan Maccherone, a first-year student at UNC School of Law;
- Josh Richardson, a second-year student at North Carolina Central University School of Law;
- Mark Rothrock, a second-year student at Duke University School of Law;
- Emma Templeman, a first-year student at Duke University School of Law;
- Stephanie Turner, a second-year student at Duke University School of Law and the 2018 Frye Fellow.
“We are very excited to welcome this year’s class of summer associates to Brooks Pierce,” said Gail Cutter, director of recruiting and professional development. “They will have the opportunity to develop their skills and contribute to the collaborative environment that is Brooks Pierce.”
The firm’s summer program is designed to present law students with a broad view of Brooks Pierce’s wide range of practices while nurturing each summer associate’s individual legal interests. Summer associates contribute to litigation, transactional and government relations matters across a wide array of industries. They also work closely with their partner and associate mentors as well as the professional staff. The program provides educational, experiential and networking opportunities for summer associates through seminars, retreats and social events throughout the summer.
More information about Brooks Pierce’s summer program can be found here.