Erwin Fuller to Receive Citizen Lawyer Award
North Carolina Bar Association
The North Carolina Bar Association ("NCBA"), in conjunction with the Citizen Lawyer Task Force, recently announced Brooks Pierce partner Erwin Fuller is a recipient of the 2011 Citizen Lawyer Award.
A formal presentation will take place at the NCBA Annual Meeting, scheduled for June 23-26 at the Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Asheville.
The NCBA Citizen Lawyer Award was established in 2007 to recognize lawyers who provide exemplary public service to their communities. Honorees include elected and appointed government officials, coaches, mentors and voluntary leaders of non-profit, civic and community organizations.
As part of Erwin's nomination, the following community leaders sent letters of support:
- Sid Batts, First Presbyterian Church
- Justice Henry Frye, Brooks Pierce Of Counsel
- Chris Gumbiner, Greensboro Bar Association
- Charles Lewis, N.C. General Statutes Commission
- Rodney Shotwell, Rockingham County Schools
- Ernie Whichard, Kiwanis Club of Greensboro
- Ed Winslow, Brooks Pierce Managing Partner
- Thad Woodard, N.C. Bankers Association
In addition to the awards ceremony, a special breakfast event honoring new and former recipients of the Citizen Lawyer Award will also be held at the Annual Meeting.