Ethics CLE in Greensboro Jan. 30
The Greensboro Bar Association and the Greensboro Public Library will jointly sponsor a two-hour ethics and professionalism CLE program on Wednesday, January 30 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm at the Greensboro Public Library at 219 North Church Street.
Brooks Pierce Director of Administration Walker Douglas will discuss new developments that have already made their way into Greensboro, including:
- non-attorney ownership of law firms;
- document preparation services that compete with lawyers;
- virtual law firms, virtual paralegals, and virtual employees;
- outsourcing legal services;
- cybersecurity; and
- new business development technologies and techniques.
In addition, Brooks Pierce Managing Partner Ed Winslow will explain why he believes 19th Century models of professionalism are our most relevant guides for the future.
The program is free to the general public and $75 for lawyers receiving CLE credit. Checks should be made payable to the Greensboro Public Library Foundation. To register, please email Michele Richardson at email@example.com.