David Green represents clients in a wide array of transactional matters, with a focus on commercial real estate.
David has a broad transactional practice. He regularly advises clients in the acquisition, financing, leasing, development, and disposition of commercial and agricultural properties. He also advises commercial lenders in structuring, documenting, and reviewing various credit facilities, as well as loan modifications, workouts, and foreclosures.
Over the course of his practice, David has:
- Represented agribusiness company in farm acquisitions, leasing and dispositions throughout the country totaling over $300 million.
- Represented hotel developer in site acquisitions throughout North Carolina, Florida, and Michigan.
- Represented seller in the disposition of large retail mall property.
- Represented buyer in $7.5 million acquisition and financing of warehouse facility.
- Represented buyer in $5.5 million acquisition and financing of retail site.
- Represented borrower in negotiation and closing of $55.8 million credit facility.
- Represented skilled nursing facility owner/operator in all facets of the following transactions:
- Site acquisition and $15.3 million construction financing for skilled nursing facility.
- Ground lease and related $10.4 million construction financing for skilled nursing facility.
- $11.9 million loan for the refinance of debt and up-fitting of existing facility.
- Represented seller in the negotiation, structure and documentation of $36.8 million sale of four (4) hotels.
- Represented county and worked with bond counsel in connection with $28.5 million financing for the construction of a new high school.
- Represented county and worked with bond counsel in connection with $14 million financing for the construction of additions to courthouse and detention center.
- Represented client in the negotiation, structure and documentation of a 1031 Exchange involving (i) a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction as the relinquished property, and (ii) $8.5 million financing for the purchase of (2) replacement property sites and one (1) incidental site for the construction of barbecue franchise restaurants.
- Represented private college in connection with $10 million construction financing for new dormitories.
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2005; Eugene Gressman-Pollitt Award
North Carolina State University, B.A., 2002; Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi
- Press Release09.18.2018
Professional & Civic
Professional & Civic Activities
Member, Bank Counsel Committee, North Carolina Bankers Association
Board Member, NC State University Friends of the Library
Past Member, Nash County Planning Board
I come from a farming family in rural Eastern North Carolina. My family instilled in me the values that I use every day in the practice of law - treat people with respect, be honest and do the absolute best you can at whatever you do. I take a genuine interest in my clients. I am a firm believer that you must have a keen understanding of the client’s business, goals and objectives in order to provide effective counsel.
If I am not working, you will most likely find me spending time with my wife and two children, feebly attempting to play golf or cheering on the Wolfpack.