David Green represents clients in a wide array of transactional matters, with a focus on commercial real estate.
David has a broad transactional practice. He regularly advises clients in all phases of acquisition, financing, leasing, development, and disposition of commercial and agricultural properties. He also advises commercial lenders in structuring, documenting, and reviewing various credit facilities.
“I cannot adequately express my gratitude for all that [David Green] you have done to allow our investments team to be successful during the past several years. Your commitment to transactional legal excellence and timeliness is one of the finest I have experienced over my 37-year+ career in investment and transactional real estate… with some of the largest firms in the world.” - Partner of real estate investment company
Over the course of his practice, David has:
- Represented agribusiness company in farm acquisitions, leasing and dispositions throughout the country totaling over $500 million in transaction value.
- Represented hotel developer in site acquisitions throughout the U.S.
- Represented hotel developer in $53.7 million disposition of two hotels.
- Represented seller in the disposition of large retail mall property.
- Represented buyer in $7.5 million acquisition and financing of warehouse facility.
- Represented buyer in $5.5 million acquisition and financing of retail site.
- Represented borrower in negotiation and closing of $65 million credit facility.
- Represented skilled nursing facility owner/operator in all facets of the following transactions:
- Site acquisition and $15.3 million construction financing for skilled nursing facility.
- Ground lease and related $10.4 million construction financing for skilled nursing facility.
- $11.9 million loan for the refinance of debt and up-fitting of existing facility.
- Represented seller in the negotiation, structure and documentation of $36.8 million sale of four (4) hotels.
- Represented county and worked with bond counsel in connection with $28.5 million financing for the construction of a new high school.
- Represented county and worked with bond counsel in connection with $14 million financing for the construction of additions to courthouse and detention center.
- Represented client in the negotiation, structure and documentation of a 1031 Exchange involving (i) a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction as the relinquished property, and (ii) $8.5 million financing for the purchase of (2) replacement property sites and one (1) incidental site for the construction of barbecue franchise restaurants.
- Represented private college in connection with $10 million construction financing for new dormitories.
Honors & Recognitions
Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in Real Estate Law (2024)
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2005; Eugene Gressman-Pollitt Award
North Carolina State University, B.A., 2002; Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi
- Press Release09.18.2018
Professional & Civic
Professional & Civic Activities
Member, Hayes Barton Baptist Church
Children's Church Volunteer, Hayes Barton Baptist Church
Past Member, Nash County Planning Board
President of Nash-Rocky Mount Rotary Club (2012-2013)
Secretary and Member of Board of Directors, United Way Tar River Region (2008-2016)
I come from a farming family in rural Eastern North Carolina. My family instilled in me the values that I use every day in the practice of law - treat people with respect, be honest and do the absolute best you can at whatever you do. I take a genuine interest in my clients. I am a firm believer that you must have a keen understanding of the client’s business, goals and objectives in order to provide effective counsel.
If I am not working, you will most likely find me spending time with my wife and two children, feebly attempting to play golf, or cheering on the Wolfpack.