Jimmy Haynes represents clients from a wide array of industries on commercial real estate matters. He offers practical guidance to his clients in working through the life cycle of commercial real estate transactions, including structuring the deal, coordinating due diligence, settlement and closing services, and financing of the transaction.
Jimmy represents and advises companies of all sizes in the assemblage, acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing, and development of various commercial real estate asset classes, including multi-family housing, retail, hospitality, office, and industrial. He also represents developers and builders with planned communities, including land assemblage, subdivision, and construction financing of the development, as well as formation of the property owners’ association and drafting of the declaration, restrictive covenants, bylaws, and other community governance documents.
- Represented a real estate developer with the land acquisition and construction financing of a medical office building located in an Opportunity Zone, and negotiation of a single tenant lease agreement with a regional medical provider.
- Buyer/Borrower representation in the land assemblage, construction financing and joint venture agreement for a $24 million apartment project.
- Counsel to a real estate developer in connection with the land assemblage, subdivision, and construction financing of a 100 unit single family residential community, and related HOA formation and governance matters.
- Buyer representation in connection with a portfolio acquisition of multiple locations from a national car wash owner and operator.
- Seller counsel in connection with the disposition of a multi-family apartment complex for $34 million.
- Counsel to a real estate developer in the land assemblage, development and construction financing on a number of multi-family development projects in the southeast United States.
Honors & Recognitions
Selected by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in Real Estate Law (2016, 2021-2022)
Recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in Real Estate: Business (2018-2019)
Elon University School of Law, J.D., 2009
North Carolina State University, B.A., 2004
Professional & Civic
Professional & Civic Activities
Member, Board of Directors, Preservation Greensboro, Inc.