International & Cross Border
As the world becomes smaller and more connected, understanding international issues is more central to business than ever. At Brooks Pierce, we help our clients grow globally. As a multi-disciplined business law firm, we provide innovative, strategic, and timely advice to clients seeking to enter or expand in the United States or foreign markets. With a worldwide network of colleagues in the legal, accounting, banking, business and consulting industries, we often serve as a gateway or managing firm for our clients' expansion efforts. Based in North Carolina, we help our clients execute their growth or expansion plans at the regional, national, and international levels. Our attorneys have practiced in other states and countries, and use that experience to navigate the complexities of cross-border issues. We provide strategic counsel and innovative solutions to meet clients' needs, regardless of location.
Corporate counsel on a global scale. Our attorneys offer excellent counsel in all facets of business law to overseas companies, multinational corporations, family offices, and domestic businesses that engage in business in other countries. We have a high degree of experience in industries that span borders, such as banking, finance, private equity, transportation, manufacturing, consumer goods, technology, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, and publishing. Many of our attorneys have cross-border transaction and litigation experience which can be used to develop solutions for our clients' business needs.
Counsel in international business issues. Our attorneys are skilled at handling matters specific to international commerce, including:
- Cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including tax jurisdictions and capitalization structure
- Establishment of U.S. and foreign subsidies
- Economic incentives
- Employment and relocation issues
- International tax and transfer pricing issues
- Importing and exporting, including Customs duties, ITAR, EAR and other export controls
- Transportation and Ports
- Sustainable Supply Chains
- Federal Maritime Commission
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- International distributor and sales representative agreements
- Joint ventures
- Environmental regulations
- Trademark, domain, trade secrets and other intellectual property
- Vessel and yacht registration
- Arbitration and dispute resolution
Strategic connections. Over many years, Brooks Pierce has developed an extensive network of accounting, trade consulting, advisory and legal professionals around the globe. We are members of Geneva Group International, one of the world’s leading organizations of law, accounting, and consulting firms (www.ggi.com). We also have developed excellent relations with U.S. and foreign government agencies involved in international trade and export controls, including the Commerce Department, Homeland Security (including Customs), Department of Defense, State Department, Treasury and corresponding agencies of foreign governments. We also have proprietary analytical tools to allow us to efficiently analyze your international trade issue.
We are dedicated to seeing our clients grow and succeed in the global marketplace.
- RecognitionThe Best Lawyers in America®, 08.19.2021>
- RecognitionU.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms”, 11.05.2020>
- Press ReleaseBrooks Pierce Wins Key International Copyright and Trademark Infringement Case, Client Awarded Nearly $9 Million02.12.2018>
- Media MentionGGI Insider, 12.18.2017>
- Press Release06.15.2017>
- Media MentionGlobal Trade Magazine, 04.27.2017>
- Media MentionBaldwin and Fairchild Quoted in Greater Wilmington Business Journal Article on the Future of International TradeGreater Wilmington Business Journal, 01.17.2017>
- Media MentionGlobal Trade, 12.08.2016>
- Press Release03.11.2016>
- Speaking Engagements08.30.2021>
- Speaking Engagements03.04.2015>