The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, enacted late last year, includes several tax related changes and incentives affecting businesses.
Congress overruled guidance from the Internal Revenue Service to provide that expenses paid with Payroll Protection Program loans (PPP) will be deductible even if the PPP loans are forgiven. The new law also clarifies how forgiveness works in the context of a partnership or S corporation.
- Updated CDC Masking Guidance; North Carolina Employers Strongly Encouraged to Implement COVID-19 Vaccination, Testing, and Mask Policies
- OSHA’s New Emergency Temporary Standard to Protect Healthcare Workers
- North Carolina Governor Extends Certain COVID-19 Measures
- New from OSHA on COVID-19: A COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare and Revised Guidance for All Other Employers
- Employer-Provided Incentives for Vaccinations—Finally Some Guidance
- Employers Considering Differential Treatment Based on Vaccination Status
- North Carolina Governor Lifts Mass Gathering and Social Distancing Limits and Most Mask Mandates
- North Carolina Governor Relaxes Outdoor Mask Mandate and Eases Mass Gathering Limit
- Availability of Health Insurance Subsidy Requires Employers to Act
- North Carolina Governor Further Eases COVID Restrictions on Businesses and Gatherings