This week, Governor Roy Cooper issued a new Executive Order 209 relaxing the outdoor mask mandate and easing the mass gathering limit restrictions imposed due to COVID-19. The new Order is effective on April 30, 2021 at 5 p.m. and extends through 5 p.m. on June 1, 2021.
What are some notable changes under the Order?
- It lifts the requirement that face coverings be worn outdoors anytime that social distancing of at least six feet cannot consistently be maintained from non-household members. Under the Order, face coverings are no longer required in any outdoor setting.
- The indoor mass ...
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act (“ARPA” or the “Act”), another piece of the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Among other things, the Act provides premium assistance for eligible employees and their family members who elect continuation coverage under COBRA or a state’s mini-COBRA law and continue health insurance benefits under those laws. The premium assistance is available for coverage between April 1, 2021 and Sept. 30, 2021. Employees pay nothing for their coverage during this time, and employers are ... Read More
- OSHA’s New Emergency Temporary Standard to Protect Healthcare Workers
- North Carolina Governor Extends Certain COVID-19 Measures
- New from OSHA on COVID-19: A COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard for Healthcare and Revised Guidance for All Other Employers
- Employer-Provided Incentives for Vaccinations—Finally Some Guidance
- Employers Considering Differential Treatment Based on Vaccination Status
- North Carolina Governor Lifts Mass Gathering and Social Distancing Limits and Most Mask Mandates
- North Carolina Governor Relaxes Outdoor Mask Mandate and Eases Mass Gathering Limit
- Availability of Health Insurance Subsidy Requires Employers to Act
- North Carolina Governor Further Eases COVID Restrictions on Businesses and Gatherings
- American Rescue Plan Includes Changes to COVID-Related Employee Leave