Brooks Pierce Named "North Carolina Law Firm of the Year" by Benchmark Litigation
Benchmark Litigation, a trusted independent research organization, named Brooks Pierce the 2016 "Firm of the Year" in North Carolina. John Ormand and Gary Parsons accepted the award on the firm's behalf at the awards reception in New York City on February 11. Other North Carolina law firms named to the shortlist for the 2016 "Firm of the Year" Award include Ellis & Winters, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein, and Smith Anderson.
Brooks Pierce managing partner Reid Phillips said "This recognition is truly an honor. We've long understood that those who watch litigation carefully notice who is in court, and the kinds of cases they handle. It's always an honor to be recognized by researchers who understand our litigation depth, and when we have such deep respect for our fellow nominees."
Brooks Pierce was named a "Highly Recommended" law firm in North Carolina in the 2016 edition of Benchmark Litigation.
The Brooks Pierce partners recognized as "Litigation Stars" were:
- Jimmy Adams for General Commercial
- Kearns Davis for White Collar Crime/ Enforcements/ Investigations
- John Ormand for Employment and Personal Injury
- Gary Parsons for Insurance, Product Liability, Securities, Environmental, and Business
- Reid Phillips for Antitrust, General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Personal Injury, and Securities
- Jim Phillips for General Commercial and Intellectual Property
- Mark Prak for First Amendment, General Commercial and Intellectual Property
- Jim Williams for Antitrust, General Commercial and Securities
Firm partners Bob King and Jennifer Van Zant were also recognized as “Future Stars.” Van Zant was also recognized as one of the top 250 women in litigation.
Benchmark Litigation is the only publication that focuses exclusively on U.S. litigation. The publication’s editorials and rankings stem from a six-month research period during which researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify leading litigation attorneys and firms. During these interviews, researchers examine casework recently handled by law firms and ask individual litigators to offer their professional opinions on peers. Benchmark Litigation is published by Euromoney Institutional Investor.