Jonathan Jenkins is a corporate lawyer with a focus in business acquisitions and private equity. He also serves as outside general counsel to privately held and family-owned businesses, providing counsel across a wide spectrum of business and corporate matters.
Jonathan represents buyers and sellers in small market ($50K - $2MM) and mid-market ($2MM - $100MM) acquisitions in an array of industries, including manufacturing, health care, automotive, entertainment and technology.
Jonathan represents both issuers and investors in connection with the private offerings of securities, including seed, Series A, and later round financings. Jonathan has experience providing corporate advice to portfolio companies and regularly reviews and negotiates term sheets, convertible note financings, and offering documents for both issuers and investors.
Jonathan partners with corporations and limited liability company clients, and guides corporate governance, securities offerings and financings, venture capital, and related matters. He has served as outside general counsel to small and mid-size operating companies. Jonathan has experience reviewing and implementing equity incentive plans and managing capitalization and equity issuances.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Seller-side counsel to six location oil change business in North Carolina, sold to a strategic multi-national buyer.
- Buyer-side counsel to purchaser of regional janitorial service business.
- Seller-side counsel to manufacturer of nationally distributed products, sold to a financial oriented private equity buyer.
- Buyer-side counsel to purchaser of national boat trailer manufacturer.
- General counsel to regional multi-location car wash company actively engaged in multi-state expansion.
Securities & Finance
- Represent technology start-up in connection with the issuance of its friends and family round and initial outside investor raise.
- Outside general counsel to angel and venture capital fund investor, including providing corporate advice to portfolio companies.
- Counsel to majority owner and inventor of a patent-pending commercial dust reduction device.
- Counsel to small cap private equity funds ($5MM - $100MM under management).
- Represent issuers of and investors in real estate portfolio companies, including multi-family and retail projects located throughout the southeast.
Business & Corporate
- Draft, negotiate and review governing documents, including Operating Agreements, equity incentive plans, and Shareholders' Agreements.
- Assist owners and managers in pre-litigation disputes with fellow owners, operators, customers and clients.
Honors & Recognitions
Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in Corporate Law (2016-2022)
Recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in (2015-2021)
Permanently recognized by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” Hall of Fame in Corporate Law (2022)
Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2007
University of Florida, B.A., 2003
Professional & Civic
Professional & Civic Activities
Technology Committee Chair and Council Member, Business Law Section, North Carolina Bar Association