Better Benefits Build Businesses
We understand that to attract the best employees, organizations must offer competitive benefits and compensation. They must also remain compliant with state and federal regulations, which are becoming increasingly complicated with the implementation of health care reform. Employers need a skilled counselor who understands the intricacies of benefits law and can provide timely guidance and support. Brooks Pierce employment attorneys have years of highly regarded experience doing just that.
Our knowledgeable and efficient attorneys can assist companies of all sizes with every aspect of benefits planning and implementation, including:
- Qualified Retirement Plans – We assist employers with designing, drafting, implementing, and maintaining retirement plans by:
- Counseling on best practices
- Offering legal advice on issues related to changes in the law, mergers and acquisitions, employer operations, and investigations or audits by the IRS, Department of Labor, or the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Providing fiduciary education under ERISA
- Assisting with filings under voluntary correction programs offered by the IRS and the Department of Labor
- Executive and Deferred Compensation – We assist companies with the design, implementation, and administration of executive compensation and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, including:
- Employment agreements
- Equity compensation plans, including stock options, restricted stock, and phantom stock
- Severance packages
- Compliance with Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code
- Health and Welfare Plans – We offer timely advice in developing and administering health, life, accident, disability, cafeteria, and flexible benefit plans. We stay apprised of the latest changes to the law and advise companies in how to stay compliant with ERISA, the Affordable Care Act, COBRA, HIPAA, and other state and federal laws.
We have a comprehensive employee benefits practice, and it is quite likely we have experience with an issue "like yours."
- Media Mention05.17.2016>
- Media Mention02.29.2016>
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center: Timely Counsel for your Business, 04.16.2021