Erin Barker advises clients on various education and employment related matters. In addition to her labor and employment and education practices, Erin also works with businesses and individuals on an array of transactional matters.
A former high school educator, Erin uses her background to advise clients on the complex state and federal laws governing this industry.
Erin counsels employers of all sizes on an assortment of employment law matters, including hiring and termination procedures, compensation and benefits, wage and hour issues, and federal and state employment regulations.
Erin works with businesses and individuals on a variety of corporate and transactional matters. She has experience assisting buyers and sellers with purchase agreements, related closing documents and loan transactions. Erin also counsels clients on real estate transactions, including financing, commercial lease reviews and drafting of closing documents.
Labor & Employment
- Advising employers in drafting employee policies and handbooks.
- Advising employers on navigating workplace changes and regulations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Responding to EEOC charges filed by employees and former employees.
Campbell University School of Law, J.D., 2021, summa cum laude; Executive Editor, Campbell Law Review Vol. 43
North Carolina State University, B.A., 2015, summa cum laude
U.S. District Court for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- Press Release09.28.2021
- Speaking Engagements04.04.2022
- Client Alert01.11.2022
- Mandatory Vaccination or Testing Is Back: Updates on OSHA’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard for Private Employers with 100 or more EmployeesCOVID-19 Response Resource Center: Timely Counsel for your Business, 12.20.2021
- OSHA Issues New COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard for Private Employers with more than 100 EmployeesCOVID-19 Response Resource Center: Timely Counsel for your Business, 11.04.2021
Professional & Civic
Professional & Civic Activities
Member, Law Student Outreach Committee, NCBA Young Lawyers Division (2022-present)
Member, NCBA Student Division (2015–2018)
Member, ABA Law Student Division (2015–2018)
As a former high school teacher in downtown Raleigh, I quickly learned to adapt to new situations while keeping focused on my goals. I worked with efficiency, creativity, collaboration, and a service-oriented mindset, and I have transferred these skills to my legal practice to build successful outcomes for clients.