Solid Solutions for a Complex Code
The United States has one of the most complicated tax codes in the world, and the penalties for violating that code can be quite burdensome. Businesses and individuals need a trusted advisor to guide them through the complexities of tax laws and regulations.
The Brooks Pierce tax law team is made up of highly respected professionals with skill in all facets of tax law, and includes a CPA and former senior tax associate for Arthur Andersen, LLC, and a former tax specialist and litigator for the Office of Chief Counsel for the U.S. Treasury.
We bring this wealth of experience to bear in a multitude of varying business needs:
- Corporate representation in tax planning and complex tax issues
- Tax planning for privately-held and family-owned businesses, including implementation and preparation of estate plans to minimize the gift tax
- Structuring business entities, including partnerships, LLCs, S corporations, and C corporations, for the most tax benefit and minimized liability
- Advising businesses of all sizes on how to conduct transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, liquidations, and joint ventures, in the most tax effective way
Our attorneys also assist in dispute resolution. We represent both companies and individuals in disputes with the IRS and local and state taxing authorities. We also defend taxpayers in disputes over tax payments, levies, and audit penalties.
For non-profit organizations, our tax attorneys can provide valuable counsel for everything from entity formation to compliance with tax regulations to structuring philanthropic gifts to maximize tax benefits.
How can we help you and your business find solid tax solutions?
- RecognitionU.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms”, 11.05.2020>
- RecognitionU.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms”, 11.04.2019>
- Press Release08.01.2019>
- RecognitionTwenty-Five Brooks Pierce Attorneys Recognized in Business North Carolina’s 2019 “Legal Elite” and “Hall of Fame”Business North Carolina, 01.02.2019>
- Media MentionTriad Business Journal, 11.07.2018>
- Speaking Engagements01.26.2021>
- Speaking Engagements03.04.2015>
- PublicationBrooks Pierce Capital Dispatch: Updates from the NC General Assembly and Governor’s Office, April 16, 202104.16.2021
- PublicationBrooks Pierce Capital Dispatch: Updates from the NC General Assembly and Governor’s Office, March 26, 202103.26.2021
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center: Timely Counsel for your Business, 04.06.2020
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center: Timely Counsel for your Business, 03.27.2020
- Client Alert09.15.2016