Anna Tison represents buyers, sellers, developers, lenders, and investors in complex commercial real estate transactions. She provides counsel in financing, joint ventures, leasing, acquisitions, and dispositions of real estate.
Anna represents owners, developers, investors, and lenders with the acquisition, disposition, and leasing of commercial real estate. She has worked as both lender’s counsel and borrower’s counsel, and has experience handling complex real estate transactions both locally and nationally. Anna counsels clients on every step of the sale or purchase process, including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, leasing agreements, financing instruments, and all aspects of due diligence relating to title, survey, and land use considerations.
Judicial Extern to Judge Robert C. Hunter, North Carolina Court of Appeals, 2012
Honors & Recognitions
Selected by her peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina's "Legal Elite" in the Young Guns category (2021) and Real Estate (2023)
Selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" for Real Estate Law (2021-2023)
Recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in Real Estate Law (2021-2022)
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2014, with high honors, Order of the Coif; Symposium Editor, North Carolina Law Review
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2006, with distinction
- RecognitionThirty-Two Brooks Pierce Attorneys Recognized in Business North Carolina's 2023 "Legal Elite" and "Hall of Fame"01.03.2023
- Media MentionLaw360, 05.20.2022
- Press Release05.04.2022
- RecognitionNorth Carolina Super Lawyers, 01.13.2022
- Press Release09.23.2021
- RecognitionThe Best Lawyers in America®, 08.19.2021
- RecognitionNorth Carolina Super Lawyers, 01.14.2021
- RecognitionTwenty-Six Brooks Pierce Attorneys Named to Business North Carolina’s 2021 “Legal Elite” and “Hall of Fame”Business North Carolina Legal Elite, 01.03.2021
- RecognitionThe Best Lawyers in America®, 08.20.2020
- Press Release10.21.2019
- Media Mention08.09.2018
- Press Release01.23.2018
- Speaking Engagements04.04.2022
- Speaking Engagements01.20.2022
- COVID-19 Response Resource Center: Timely Counsel for your Business, 03.26.2020
- Client Alert08.01.2018
Professional & Civic
Professional & Civic Activities
Member, Board of Directors, United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County
Member, Wake County Bar Association
Member, Triangle CREW
My dad is an attorney (litigator), so I grew up talking about the law around the dinner table. While I veered away from litigation and into a transactional practice, I owe a lot of my success as a lawyer to those early conversations with my dad (and later my brother and sister-in-law who also practice law). I learned from an early age how to negotiate and how to craft arguments around a certain position – for example, why we should go out for ice cream after dinner or why I needed a new toy. Now those skills translate into business negotiations, like who should bear the risk of a certain issue in a contract.
When I’m not practicing law, my favorite thing to do is spend time with my husband and two children. They are already pretty good negotiators themselves, and they definitely eat too many treats as a result!