Mediation & Arbitration
Striving Towards Settlement
We know litigation is expensive, and share the goal of avoiding costly litigation whenever possible. This philosophy motivates us to focus on the strategy that we think will ensure each client the best possible outcome while minimizing unnecessary cost and stress. To this end, our attorneys are well-versed in alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
Brooks Pierce employs several court-approved mediators, including Arty Bolick, Alex Elkan, Beth Langley and Walt Tippett. Our team has successfully used mediation or arbitration for cases in industries such as:
- Labor and employment claims
- Civil commercial litigation
- Environmental disputes
- Real estate transaction disputes
- Commercial development/ construction disputes
Some recent arbitration matters include:
- Obtaining a $1 million arbitration award on behalf of a general contractor against a commercial developer for delay and impact claims.
- Settlement through alternative dispute resolution proceedings of a dispute between a university and a general contractor regarding the construction of a co-generation plant with claims over $400 million.
- Media MentionGGI Labor Law Practice Group Newsletter, 10.12.2018>
- Press Release03.23.2017>