Brooks Pierce Attorneys, Practice Areas Earn Top Rankings from Chambers USA
Six Brooks Pierce practice areas and 19 of the firm's attorneys are ranked among the best in North Carolina in the 2017 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business. The listing of the leading lawyers and law firms in the country is published annually by Chambers and Partners.
Brooks Pierce’s Antitrust, Environment and Litigation: General Commercial practices received a Band 1 ranking, the highest awarded by Chambers USA. The firm’s Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, Intellectual Property and Labor & Employment practice areas were also recognized.
Partner Jim Williams was named a Senior Statesman by Chambers USA for antitrust law.
Five Brooks Pierce attorneys received Chambers USA’s highest ranking in their respective practice areas:
- Kearns Davis (Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations)
- George House (Environment)
- Dan McGinn (Labor & Employment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Antitrust)
- Jennifer Van Zant (Antitrust)
Fifteen attorneys were recognized as leaders in their respective practice areas:
- Forrest Campbell (Healthcare)
- Bill Cary (Labor & Employment)
- Mark Davidson (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Tricia Goodson (Labor & Employment)
- Bob King (Environment)
- Jeff Oleynik (Bankruptcy/Restructuring and Litigation: General Commercial)
- Gary Parsons (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Jim Phillips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Reid Philips (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Coe Ramsey (Intellectual Property)
- David Sar (Intellectual Property)
- Bob Singer (Banking & Finance)
- John Small (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- Randy Tinsley (Environment)
- Jim Williams (Litigation: General Commercial)
This was the first time Goodson was named to the Chambers USA rankings.
Chambers USA is a leading guide to the legal profession, and determines its annual rankings through confidential, in-depth interviews with clients and attorneys and an assessment of recent work. Attorneys are ranked in their respective practice areas on the basis of legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. Law firm departments are ranked using these qualities, as well as effectiveness and capability of the department as a whole.