When facing a potential class action lawsuit, you want a defense team behind you that has substantial success navigating the complexities involved. Brooks Pierce’s record on class action and multiple-plaintiff lawsuits speaks for itself.
Our team frequently defends class actions brought by nationally-known class action plaintiffs’ firms. In addition to certified class action suits, we have also defended against multiple lawsuits or suits with multiple plaintiffs that arise from a common event or corporate practice. We are able to conduct successful defenses against far-flung class action lawsuits in a cost-effective manner by employing the latest trial technology and staffing our litigation teams efficiently.
Some of our representative experience includes:
- Defending a consumer finance company in a putative class action
- Defending a Fortune 500 company in an ERISA class action worth $180 million
- Defending a bank in a class action brought by customers claiming the charging of excessive NSF fees
- Defending a public school system against a class action suit brought by North Carolina charter schools regarding funding
- Defending apartment owners in various matters including for claims related to late fees and for claims related to habitability of apartments
- Defending importer of consumer goods and retailers in matters alleging false advertising claims
- Media MentionThe News & Observer , 03.08.2021>
- Press Release12.22.2020>
- Media Mention03.11.2019>
- Media MentionNorth Carolina Lawyers Weekly , 01.25.2019>
- Press Release08.15.2018>
- Press ReleaseBrooks Pierce Files Potential Class Action Suit Regarding the Constitutionality of the Doctrine of Necessaries02.08.2017>
- Client Alert09.23.2016