Regulatory & Administrative
Following the Rules
Businesses of all sizes and in all industries rely on experienced counsel to guide them through the complicated network of government agencies, rules and regulations. Brooks Pierce attorneys have dedicated themselves to understanding these regulations and how to help clients minimize risk of governmental investigation while maximizing growth, investment, and operational efficiency.
However, if responding to an agency investigation becomes inevitable, our attorneys are skilled in representing clients before numerous government agencies, including the North Carolina Safety and Health Council, the Office of Administrative Hearings, the Utilities Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the Environmental Protection Agency, among others.
Wide Range of Industry Experience. Our attorneys handle compliance matters for clients in a variety of industries:
- Environmental – compliance with OSHA, the Clean Air and Water Acts, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act, and both the state and federal Environmental Policy Act
- Health Care – compliance with regulations such as HIPAA, those regarding antitrust issues, Medicare legislation, and North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services regulations
- Banking and Finance – compliance and corporate governance regarding restrictions on mortgage loan originator compensation, the North Carolina Identity Protection Act, and other security regulations, both state and federal
- Media and Communications – compliance with Federal Communications Commission regulations, including those for broadcast station licensing, programming issues (children’s programming, indecency standards, closed captioning), EEO rules, and political advertising restrictions
We also have extensive experience in general business and employment, construction safety, and utilities regulation compliance.
- Speaking Engagement03.15.2023
- RecognitionThe Best Lawyers in America®, 08.19.2021
- Speaking Engagements03.29.2022
- Daniel D. Adams
- Mousa A. Alshanteer
- Julia C. Ambrose
- Forrest Campbell Jr.
- Pearson Cost
- J. Benjamin Davis
- Kate Giduz
- David Kushner
- Brian McMillan
- Claire O'Brien
- Jim W. Phillips Jr.
- Clinton R. Pinyan
- Joseph A. Ponzi
- Mark J. Prak
- S. Collins Saint
- Sarah Nudelman Schiavone
- Elizabeth Spainhour
- Marcus Trathen
- Edwin L. West III