As an employer, you know the manner in which you hire, manage and dismiss employees has far-reaching consequences. Proven claims of discrimination or retaliation can destroy your company’s reputation. The skilled litigation attorneys at Brooks Pierce have extensive experience defending employers from such damaging claims, including:
- Claims against the NC Retaliatory Employment Discrimination Act
- Whistle-blower claims
- Wage and hour claims
- EEOC charges and lawsuits on employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other unfair employment action claims
- Non-compete and confidentiality claims
- Other common-law employment claims
We have successfully litigated hundreds of labor and employment court cases and arbitration hearings before state, federal and appellate courts. We also regularly represent employers before various government agencies, such as the EEOC, Department of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
Our employment attorneys assist companies in putting preemptive strategies into place to avoid litigation as much as possible. However, when claims and disputes arise and litigation becomes inevitable, our team will tenaciously fight for the best possible outcome for our client.
How can we defend your company against disgruntled workers?
- RecognitionBenchmark Litigation, 11.09.2020>
- RecognitionU.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms”, 11.05.2020>
- Press Release10.22.2019>
- RecognitionBenchmark Litigation, 10.15.2019>
- Media MentionBusiness North Carolina, 09.10.2018>